Re: Jog wheel

  Just my 2 cents worth,

I would not want to cycle through 5 or 6 axis in order to alternately
jog just 2 of them. I would also frown on having to hold a button down
in order to use the hand wheel. My preference would be multiple push
buttons or rotary switch for axis select and jog mode selection. As for
jog mode, there would be a coarse, medium, and fine continuous jog along
with incremental. Coarse jog speed would be full speed, medium would be
at 50% without regard to how fast the wheel is turned or how many clicks
occur. Turn the wheel and the machine moves, stop turning and the
machine stops. Fine jog would follow the clicks of the wheel at the
smallest increment that the machine is capable of. Incremental would
move the machine at whatever increment is selected for every click of
the wheel ignoring any clicks of the wheel until the incremental move in
progress is completed. Axis speed override would be active for all modes.

Dale