Re: BDI

Hi Ted.

I don't seem to have your address on file.  There are now two parallel BDI's.
 The major difference is that the 2.14 will run on most any old PC while the
TNG need a bit more brainpower -- I've got it running on a K62-400 here and
that is the lower end.

The BDI-2 series uses packages mostly from the Red Hat 6 series.  They are
all hacked together by Paul Corner in England.  The BDI is complete in
itself so that nothing needs to be added to begin with.  As you find other
needs for the linux system, there are a lot of additional packages available
for download for this series.

I also have a few copies of BDI TNG which runs with the Red Hat 7 series of
releases.  This will provide a lot more currentlinux compatable packages.
The newer KDE and Gnome desktops are much smoother operating and are more
feature rich.  The TNG also uses a newer real time system that promises to
be more stable than the ones that have been used to date. This package
requires quite a bit more computer that the more stable version.

I have a batch of 2.14 here. I charge $10.00 for the CD.  That includes
shipping and handling to the US or Canada.  You can remit in the
return envelope provided with the CD.

I also have a few BDI-TNG sets and can deliver them for $30.00.  That also
includes shipping and handling.

I tend to trust people in this specialized market. <g>  If you want
either CD version, send me your postal address and I'll get it out to
you.

You could get a download of the last net version, 2.14 from a site in
Finland.  It is a large file 550m.

http://www.yty.net/cnc/bdi.html

Thank you for your interest in the BDI.

Ray