Handbook

List

As you may know, Henkka, Paul, and I have been working to migrate the various
chunks of EMC related infomation into a single documents module at
SourceForge.  We plan to use LyX as our primary writing, editing, and storage
format.  From these master documents we will release in several formats
including ps, pdf, and html.  We plan to continue to use the handbook site at
www.linuxcnc.org as the primary html access point.

The current site is a mix of stuff that we plan to sort into two manuals.
The first will be the handbook.  It will become a users manual and will
include overview, install, setup, and programming for typical machines.

A second manual will be devoted to development.  It will set out the details
of becoming a developer and then will dig into the structures and source code
that make the EMC what it is.

As we work through this task, we will be looking for help.  We will also post
a lot of questions to the list but would like to keep most of the discussion
on list so that we get the widest possible range of expertise.

You should expect to see a lot of traffic with subjects like handbook info -
"topic."  Please join in wherever you are able to contribute.

Comments?

Thanks in advance.