Re: Alternative IO cards

At 09:29 26/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>If this is indeed the future of motherboards, then alternatives must be found
>soon for the IO we need for machine control.

While thinking about the desappearing IO problems, it came to my mind that
some time ago I designed ad built few prototypes of a PCI board that had
something like 24 digital inputs and 24 digital outputs, as well as some
analog input.
The board was specifically designed for a stepper control application, so
there is onboard provision of frequency generation, counting and gating
(the PC must keep track of acceleration and deceleration, but it is a much
less demanding task).
The design is not completed from the software point of view, and the PCB
have to be redesigned to fix few problems.
Probably there will be other still unknown flaws ... after all it was a
prototype.

If someone is interested into completing this design I can release it to
the pubblic domain. Alternatively, I can complete it and put in production
if a sufficient number of potential buyers will show up.

If anyone is interested I can dig further seeking for schematics, and
documentation.
Bye bye.
Mau.

Maurizio Ferraris                ferring-at-inrete.it
Via Borgonuovo 27                mau-at-studioferraris.it
10040 GIVOLETTO TO ITALY         http://www.studioferraris.it
Public key: http://www.studioferraris.it/Files/Maurizio.asc