Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to setup STG-II?

Babar, My file is used with emc_run in my machine but then you have changed
some filenames-
Ray or Paul can comment better.

I will mail you the schematic.

I should mention that this system will disconnect the servo from the amp and
connect it to a shorting
resistor. Doing this can create a large voltage spike that can damage some
amps. With mine I
have clamped the motor with a 95-105v bidirectional transorb device. Copley
engineering (my amp
maker) has approved this method as safe with their amps. Some other amps
might not be as robust-
requiring a supply power disconnection (before filter cap) instead of at the
motor.

If the amp is designed for it the motor disconnect method results in a much
faster decelleration
in an e-stop. I need to stop from max rapid in 2 cm. Decelleration rate is
controlled by the power resistor.

The power supply method must drain the filter cap energy so might be a bit
slower- but safer with some amps.

What are you using for servo amps?

Les

Leslie Watts