Re: EMC/RTLinux running under Debian.

>If you are planning on using a 2.4 series >kernel, might I suggest you look
at
>using the rtai patch in stead of rtlinux - You >get the opportunity of
running
>the latest kernel.

The only downside to this is that there seems to be problems running
steppermod. Freqmod is OK but, coupled with the extra load imposed by the
newer kernels, operating speed even on a newer machine seems to be down to
that of steppermod on an old P166. Freqmod on an older machine just isn't
practical. If steppermod could be hacked to work with RTAI, this would make
a much more useable distro.

Best wishes,
Ian
--