Re: Anyone have Gimp etc. running??

On Friday 10 May 2002 07:11, you wrote:
<s>
> [Ray, it's the latest stable (non-developer) Gimp rpm from
> www.gimp.org.  It complains bitterly about the state of gtk, and when I
> tried upgrading gtk, THAT complained about the sorry state of glibc, and
> even upgrading glibc looks like a lot of hassle.  If there was a Gimp
> binary rpm, I think that would probably work, but they don't provide
> one.]

Yep.  We ran out of space on the CD for all the stuff we wanted in there.
There would be precompiled rpms laying around that would install without
complaining.  If you have or can beg a copy of RH 6.0 it would have the one
you want.  But then you get a snapshot of the GIMP at that age rather than
the current version.

As for running other programs under a kernel with real-time extensions, I
have not experienced much of a problem except with some things like a few
games.