Re: Life is just a dream

Joe

Once again you are being bitten by the polarity of a couple of the variables
in your ini.  bridgeportio uses two pins on the aux parport to sense and set
estop.  The sense one must be correct for your port.  The set one doesn't
really matter.  You will encounter an error message when you try to come out
of estop because bridgeportio expects the sense pin to change when the set
pin says that the EMC has come out of estop.  Just okay the message and you
should be able to run.  I've snipped out the relevant lines below.

---snipped ini---
; digital in bits

ESTOP_SENSE_INDEX         =     1
<s>
; digital in polarity, 0 is inverted, 1 is normal
; controller compares with polarity, equal means on, not equal means off

ESTOP_SENSE_POLARITY      =     0
<s>
; digital out bits
<s>
ESTOP_WRITE_INDEX         =     10
<s>
; digital out polarity, 0 is inverted, 1 is normal
; controller writes the polarity to turn on, opposite of polarity to turn
 off
<s>
ESTOP_WRITE_POLARITY      =     1
---end---

You learned a few posts back that the index refers to the pin and that pin
nuumber is assignable through the ini.  What isn't assignable this way is the
logic that relates to the aux signals.  This logic is hard coded in the I/O
software.

I don't know what you are doing with the z but in most situations you will
want a little bit of dwell between the z down command and the start of
motion.  This can be accomodated by putting a dwell (g4 pnn) on the line
after the coolant on command.  The problem is that you have to remember to
put it in your code each time

The same thing can also be accomplished without any need to change the g-code
by using the spindle forward and stop because there is already a settable
dwell there on both ends for spindle brake off and on.  These times are
settable in the ini using the two variables below.

; wait times in seconds for spindle brake, release
SPINDLE_OFF_WAIT          =     1.0
SPINDLE_ON_WAIT           =     1.5

Hope this helps

Ray