From: PKF [pferrick-at-tows.moric.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 6:10 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Anyone have Gimp etc. running??

Hi all,

Sorry that this is a little off-topic; I won't mention it again on the
list if any subsequent discussion happens...

I'm trying to run a program called Gimp (Gnu Image Manipulation Program)
and I am running into all sorts of problems.  Basically, it requires
versions of gtk, glibc and a whole raft of other stuff that aren't part
of the EMC distribution. (I'm running the BDI, btw).

Has anyone successfully navigated the upgrade path one must follow to
run the Gimp?  If so I would _greatly_ appreciate getting some hints
before I trash my EMC installation monkeying around with endless
inter-connected library upgrades..!

thanks,
Pat Ferrick