Re: This is my same confusion (Port#2 re-visited)

First I want to thank Marc Christensen, Ray Henry and Tim Goldstein for
attempting to tutor me in EMC I/O theory. But Jason put in the same snippit
from the same INI file that confused me. Please note below:

ESTOP_SENSE_INDEX         =     1

This means that S1 on this particular parallel port is an input, right?

Ok, now observe this:

SPINDLE_FORWARD_INDEX     =     1

This implies that the same D1 line is being used as an output.

Then finally,

ESTOP_WRITE_INDEX         =     10
SPINDLE_BRAKE_INDEX       =     11

Are these two C2 and (Bar) C3?

THIS IS WHY I AM CONFUSED. I am assuming that the numbers that are in the
INI file associated with these input and output fuctions are the (data) line
numbers. D0, D1, D2, etc.

So if I am assuming correctly, SPINDLE_FORWARD_INDEX  is really D1 (Pin 3)

And, ESTOP_SENSE_INDEX is really (S1 in IO_Show.tcl) or S4 (Pin 13) in
www.ktmarketing.com/CNC.html

And...ESTOP_WRITE_INDEX         =     C2 (Pin 16)
SPINDLE_BRAKE_INDEX       =     C3 (Pin 17)

So...am I still confused? I look at KT marketing's fine port pinout and I
realize the nameing conventions are not the same as in IO_show.tcl (Kudos to
the efforts of everyone who made these tools...I am a newbie, I need
spoon-feeding)

BTW, I am planing to use Steppers. Does it make a difference in how the IO
signals are interpreted?

Please someone confirm my assumptions or spoon it out...What I really want
is a diagram that shows which IO_Show.tcl signal numbers go for each par.
port pin.

I hope that I am not exhuasting people's patience. I want to wire this
project correctly.

Pat Riedlinger