Re: HELP! Retrotek 8800 CNC retrofit kit died!

Ralph

Sounds like you did about what I'd do to make sure that boards and chips are
seated and making proper connections.  If these are card edge connectors, I
have been known to use an eraser to clean the surface before reinserting the
cards.  Does this run from an installed os or do you load that when you start
the machine?  Have you tried a search for boards?

The board most commonly used with the EMC for servo motion is the Servo-To-Go
card at ~$900.00 by the time you get cables and breakout boards.  Currently
this is an ISA implementation but they promised PCI a while back.  For more
info see  http://www.servotogo.com/
http://www.servotogo.com/

Jon Elson is working on an Extended Parallel Port set of cards for stepper or
servo motion.  The servo cards are completed and external I/O is being
integrated.  For more info see  http://www.pico-systems.com
http://www.pico-systems.com

Paul corner is currently working with Vigilant to develop drivers for both
their ISA and PCI boards.  He reported some success at the recent NAMES show.
For more info contact Brian Schwartz at http://www.vigilanttech.com/
http://www.vigilanttech.com/

Maurizio Ferraris in Italy also has a very interesting set of ISA cards that
he plans to write an EMC driver for.   See  http://www.studioferraris.it
http://www.studioferraris.it

Hope this helps.

Ray

On Thursday 02 May 2002 02:51 pm, you wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations on how to fix the problem, or to
> replace the Retrotek computer.
<snipped service comments>