Re: G code questions?

hi Joe,

the program you have is designed to run a photoplotter.  the variation
of the RS-274 "standard" is normalled called Gerber.

while the x and y values would accomplish the desired output on a machining
center, the other commands such as D (which select apertures on the
photoplotter, and describe the methods of turing on and off the light source)
are inappropriate for machining.

but congratulations on getting the circle test program running.  that's the
hard part, now just translating the moves from Gerber to EMC is simple
learning the commands that EMC will use for your machine setup and editing
the file for the letter "G"

-ron

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, joe bury wrote:

> List,
>    I ran the test g code from the EMC program, it drew a circle
> approximately eight inches in diameter. But when I imported a G code program
> from another source it wouldn't run. It is supposed to be the letter "G"
> about six inches tall. What do you think went wrong?
>                                            Thanks Joe

---snip---