Re: drop-boxes

Ian W. Wright wrote:
<snip>

>  is the 'snap' feature where you can draw one part and then
> get the next one to snap exactly to some feature on it or you can start
> a new line from a feature on an existing line (end, middle, nearpoint,
> perpendicular etc.) without having to remember exactly what co-ordinates
> this would be.

Sure,  I do the same, and I have not done much more than studied some of
the documents on Varkon.
But I think all this is present, - it is just not in front of you with a
pull down menu, as in Acad.
But this is something that you could make as you would like it, because
that is part of the package:
You make the menus you need for the kind of job you would do.  If you make
mechanical parts,
then you set up the environment to suit those needs.  You may not need
rendering effects or other stuff,
and if you should have menus as in other packages,  - you would be
confused, I think. Because there is
so many commands and functions, - you would be flooded.

You can have as many views and windows you like, just open another window,
and set the angle you would like
it to show. There is a lot of things you can do, - and I am afraid that
most will not notice this fact.
( We may be  too used to see demo programs, that we just don't check things
out.  More or less what I have done
too -  yes - shame on me :)

Well,  this is just something I write without doing "real" investigation.
These things was some of the first
I looked for - if I recall things correctly.  At the moment I don't have
Varkon ready to fire up, so I can't
check it right away. ( Needed some extra space to download something else )

But, the easy all-round "GUI" is something they are working on, and hence
the gCAD project they are involved
in, and ports to other platforms.

//ARNE