drop-boxes

Hi,

Just lost a long email :(  Power cut.

Several attempts to write this, - but - had a storm here, and a
lot of rain.  Today it is sunshine and nice.
( No,  there is no white Christmas here,  and that is not
unusual,  but people often think so )

Emc cookbook:
-----------

Well,  I think I have something I could write, - not much though.
But where do I send
this ?

Dan:   I like the "drop-box" - I applaud.  But is it possible to
have more of these:

"drop-emc", drop-cad", "drop-programs", "drop-metalwork",
"drop-general" ?

The last would be for discussions, etc.

"drop-emc" - would be to drop inputs to the emc - cookbook.  I
think I could write
something, but I guess it should be
in html.   Then I would suggest to use Fred's list as major
subtittle, and you add your own
subtitle. One seperate line for "status",  as I would find it very
nice that this "status"
could say something like "approved" - if we could get someone from
NIST to comment
on it.  The thing is that this way the reader would know if this
is "fact or fiction".   In the
meantime, others may have comments on a subject, - so this is just
my idea on how this
could work out.

"drop-cad" could be the "dumpster"  that Ian mentioned, while
"drop-programs" could be
various scripts, etc.

Jon has put a lot of nice stuff in the FAQ,  but some of it may
fit into the EMC cookbook,
and a lot could be used for a
"metalwork cookbook" with tips and tricks, etc.

Varkon:
------

I would like an experts opinion about this.  I have looked at IRIT
and other stuff, but I
think Varkon is like EMC.
What I mean, is that they first wrote the core and had this
working, and the GUI came
last.   My main concern is to have
a good "core" that we could build on.  I am not sure how Ian uses
CAD, but  say you want
to make a circle of 2.0 i diameter.
It is a lot faster and easier to input "2.0" than try to size with
the mouse.

TclVogel was just a suggestion to make something more out of what
is possible with just
Tcl, - but in any case. A GUI that works nice, or they way people
would like it, could be
transferred to tclVogel,  - but I guess to Varkon as well.  And
don't forget that Linux is
Unix. You can make a lot of nice scripts, aliases, and shortcuts,
several windows, etc.
Some of this is already in Varkon,  you just have to add the
bindings, windows, buttons as you
want to.

-----

Well, this was just a few thoughts, - and what worries me more
than anything else, is "time".
There is a lot we can do, but it takes time.  I still don't have a
machine set up with EMC, - I just
did never belive it would take so much time before I had something
running.  There is always something
else that has some higher priority.

//ARNE

WIN $4000 CASH & HAVE A REALLY HAPPY HOLIDAY! Join NFO's
interactive consumer research panel. It takes less than 5 minutes
Have a say about new products & win. Always voluntary

Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
bill,
List Manager

There are 15 messages in this issue.