Some notes

Hi,

I just wanted to add a few notes:

The program that Matt  was looking into, is called TDCAD .  My
idea was to run this program under TclVogle, and by doing
this, would acheive some more features, plus making the code a bit
cleaner. ( IMO )

About Varkon,  - I have been in touch with the author of this
too.  And he would be pleased for anything we could do. But at the
moment he and his company is working to port parts of this to the
gCAD project, and some in this project seem to want to include
Gcode output.  They hope to have the first release of gCAD ready
sometime in January.  But I don't think this will include the full
features of Varkon. Instead they would probably add a better  GUI
to the Varkon package later on, from what they see they can use
from gCAD.  ( my guess )

Anyway,  Varkon has nice,  there is a lot you can do.  But the
first impression my not reveal this.  But if you do, take a look
at the examples like "fighters" .  Then you will better understand
some of the things this can do.  The program is a parametric one,
and has a lot of nice features in its core.

I have also checked a lot of other libraries, and there is a lot
of candidates. My problem is to understand what would be the best
platform for adding CAM features.

( I just have too much to learn, and I have spent some time on
JAVA, CORBA, NML and RCS, and a bunch of other stuff, so if anyone
have some ideas - or could  set up a  small  pages of what would
we should look for, what features to include,  - to just make a
suggestion on what would be the best core building blocks,  it
would be very helpful.  Because of the lack of knowledge, - it is
easy to put a lot of effort into something that later will reveal
so many obstacles, that you really corner yourself.  The nice
thing would be a system that could interface with EMC, and be
expandable to use networking etc. from a CAD design and process it
in a nice way to several EMC machine centers. )

//ARNE