Re: EMC simulation, etc.

At 06:07 PM 9/17/1999 -0400, Fred wrote:

>I worked over the EMC simulation that some of you reported having
>problems with. In the latest distribution I fixed the batch of files,
>sim.*, that are set up for running the EMC in simulation. This doesn't
>require any setup of RT-Linux, so if you install Red Hat Linux 5.2 and
>get X windows going, you can stop there and try:
>
>	cd /usr/local/nist/emc
>	./sim.run
>
>You can take it out of estop, turn it on, jog the axes (home doesn't
>work, for some reason), put it in auto, run a program, etc.

<snip>

I was going to ask you why home didn't work for the sim.  I haven't been
able to make it work since the end of April but I didn't save or note the
release number that did work so I can't remember which one it was.  I got
the rest of it going here okay by copying in the motor stuff from an
earlier sim.ini.

I haven't been able to load a program though.  I thought it was because the
system didn't see the machine as homed.

And I was surprised when red letters showed up on the axis section of xemc.
 Took me a minute or so to figure out it was because the soft limit
switches were reversed in the ini.

The parallel port stepper works great although I get an nml message about a
missing error log file the first time I try to run it after install.  I
think it's because the standard ini file asks for error reporting.  I
haven't tried 0's there.

I'll try the new release sometime this weekend.