RE: Ini file

Freqmod.o is a step and direction output just like steppermod.o

The problem with steppermod.o is that the way the pulses are formed
causes them to vary in spacing (frequency) which leads to resonance and
stalling problems. Freqmod.o was created as a way around this problem by
creating a programmed pulse generator task in the realtime side. You can
speed up the rate of this task by decreasing the period value. The way
the pulse is uses is that every nth pulse triggers a step with the n
value increasing for slower motion rates and decreasing for faster
motion rates. The pulse train is much more evenly paced than with
steppermod.o The problem comes in when you are pushing to very fast
motion rates. The faster you go the greater the % jump in speed between
the successive available frequencies. In a worst case imagine you are
stepping every other pulse and when you command to go faster the next
available option is every pulse which is a 100% speed increase. To get
around this problem you crank the task up as fast as your computer will
let you and still have some response to the mouse.

Where steppermod.o has become a great solution is with the step and
direction type servo drives and with the Gecko G210 steppers that
internally generate a pulse train.

Tim
[Denver, CO]