Re: Ini file

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 01:38 am, Tim Goldstein wrote:
> A 133 is pretty anemic for running steppers with EMC. To get a smooth
> output you need to use freqmod.o Unfortunately you need at least a 350
> or better to get the task set fast enough to get good rapid speeds. With
> a 133 you will be much better off running steppermod.o and accept that
> you will have premature stalling as the ragged pulse train causes the
> motors to instantaniously accelerate at some point.

Tell me more about this ragged pulse train problem.  I use steppermod.o
and have been running into the following situation

I have the max velocity set to 6.0 for each axis.  (determined empirically
by trial and error)   However, for moves that involve more than one axis
the velocities are some fractional amount on each axis to maintain a
given feed rate.   What I find is that for certain angles I will loose phase
on one of the motors.   I had assumed this was caused by stepper
resonance.   My work-around was to write a program to filter the G-code
by adding appropriate feed rate commands where required.

Does freqmod interface to the stepper motors the same way (step & direction)?
Or does it control the motors via each phase and requires a different
interface/controller?

BTW, I am using a 450 mhz machine.