Re: automatic boot up and login - VNC related

Hi Dan

I would prefer the use of run level 4 rather than 3 - Level 4 is not
generally used, and you can set up this level with the services needed to run
the network and EMC without all the extras that usually run at level 3. Using
level 4 leaves you with the option of booting up with level 3 (or 5) if you
want to use this machine for other tasks.
Add the following lines to your S99local script to start EMC automatically.

# Display message on console
echo "Starting EMC"
cd /usr/local/emc
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit -e /usr/local/emc/emc.run
# Shutdown command here
shutdown -h now

The last line can be omitted if you don't want the machine shutting down when
EMC is exited.

Regards, Paul.