Re: EMC/STG II homing problem

Hi Max, list.

Yes I checked your posts of a while back and saw some
discussion.

So far I am told that the immediate solution for me is to get
the file newstgmod.o that is supposed to take care of this.
It seems that STG II WILL NOT home properly with the
other files like stg2mod.o and stg8mod.o.

I am a BDI user unfamiliar with compiling source code
using GNU. I am pretty unfamiliar with Linux as well.

Aparently the c source and header files reside on the latest
CVS repository. I must try to download them (on a windows computer) and run
the script file (what is the name?) to do a
build that includes newstgmod.o.

I dearly wish I just had the object file and could copy it into
the proper directory and call it from the .ini if that is possible.

Otherwise the big machine is performing well with EMC.
I have been running some g-code and it is good to see
that 1000 lb gantry whizzing back and forth. Fast accelerations are using 20
amp jabs of current on  the
x-axis. The SEM motor for x has a shroud and cooling
fan on it to up its continuous torque rating to a proper value.
I have PID roughed in pretty well and will play with feedforward soon. I am
not convinced that p gain on
EMC does much other than add motor whine though.
I have discussed that before. I will do some impulse
or step responses as soon as I have the gear set up.
The EMC logging feature seems to be writing garbage
to the log file.

Les
Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture