From: "Lamar Davidge" <lamar.davidge-at-airmail.net>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <emc-at-nist.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: intro and a few questions

Dennis,

    Well Iv'e been really happy with these dirves http://rutex
com/home/servo.htm, but they are located in Australia so it takes about a
week for them to get to you. (Rutex also makes a lot of products relating to
cutting torch control, like a torch height controll, I think they would sell
you a complete electronics package, but I don't know cutting torches arent
my thing). It is a stepper driven servo drive, just like the geck 340
http://www.geckodrive.com/products/g340/, only it is more adjustable, and it
runs at up to 200v, while the gecko max volts is 80. I chose motors from
this company http://www.SEM.co.uk/ cause they have very good DC brush motors
that can handle 140v MT30e4-52 it is available with an encoder attached for
a very reasonable price. The power supply i use is a bridge rectifier
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category
cgi?category=search&item=FWB-352&type=store , power supplies dont get much
cheaper than that! The servo drives require a seperate 24v power supply I
got mine off Ebay real cheap 24$. If you need ballscrews try MSC I have been
pleased with their service, and their price on the 5/8 line of screws is
very reasonable  http://www.mscdirect.com/IWCatSectionView
process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=2002093&pcount=15&pbegin=0&Res
artFlow=t as for linear rails Techno Isel makes some good stuff (Techno also
has ballscrews), and very inexpensive for what you get http://www
techno-isel.com/default.htm .  Here is a motor control tutorial from
Motorola, I think it is one of the broken links you were referring to
http://e-www.motorola.com/collateral/MOTORPRINTUT.html .

-btw- there is about 3 years worth of research in these links so consider
yourself about that much ahead of the curve now. If you want all my links
relating to cnc control let me know and I'll email them to you

Lamar Davidge