BDI 2.11 Install problem, help please.

I have a new computer that I want to use to run EMC.  I am having some
problems
getting it installed.  The computer has Red Hat 7.2 installed from a 3 disk
set from the book Red Hat Linux 7.2 Bible.  It seems to run ok but there is
problem with the help system there seems to be a lot of broken links
especially
in the KDevelop 2.0 tutorials.  Anyway for now I would be happy to get BDI
installed and running by itself and lose the Red Hat 7.2 for now, but it
does
not want to install.  I have the down load of  BDI version 2.11 burned on a
CD
and it seems to be good.  I can look at the disk and read the .html files.

I boot the BDI disk and get a text screen that asks if I really want to
install.

When I hit ENTER a lot of text gets printed to the screen and then the
screen
goes black the CD and the hard drive run for a bit then the led's go out and
after a bit the CD spins down and stops. Then nothing, the screen is still
black.  After I got tired of waiting I started pushing keys.  After crashing
and
rebooting a few times, repeating the above procedure I found that
CTRL-ALT-F1
would get me to a text EMC install screen.  Follows is a summary of screens
and my responses.

Language, English,  [OK]
Keyboard selection, us,  [OK]
BDI EMC, all hard drives will be reformated .etc..,  [OK]
Installation Type, BDI EMC install,  [OK]
    (it does the same for the EMC Developer's Install)
Automatic Partitioning, Continue,  [OK]
Hostname Configuration, type in "Visar",  [OK]
Network Configuration, [*] Use bootp/dhcp,  [OK]
    (not on a network now but will be in future)
Mouse Selection, Microsoft-IntelliMouse (PS/2),  [OK]
Time Zone Selection, US/Michigan,  [OK]
Root Password, type in "xxxxxx,xxxxxx",  [OK]
Add user, andre,Andre' Blanchard, xxxxxx,xxxxxx,  [OK]
User Account Setup,  [OK]

Now the CD spins up and then I get a lot of text printed to the screen too
fast to read then it stops with this.

Exception Occurred
    Traceback (innermost last):
      File "/usr/bin/anaconda",line
    342, in ?
        intf,run(todo,test = test)
      File "/usr/lib/anaconda/test.py",
    line 1135, in run
      rc =apply (step[1](),step[2])
    File "/usr/lib/anaconda/test.py",
    line 576, in __call__
        todo.getCompsList ()
      File "/usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py",
    line 467, in getCompsList
        self.comps =
      self.method,readComps(self.hdList)
        File "/usr/lib/anaconda/image.py",
      line 8, in readComps
        return ComponentSet(self.tree +
    //RedHat/base/comps',hdlist)
      File "/usr/lib/anaconda/comps.py",
    line 326, in __init__
        self.readCompsFile(file,
    self.packages)
      File"/usr/lib/anaconda/comps.py",
    line 299,in readCompsFile
        comp.addPackage(packages[1])
      File "/usr/lib/anaconda/comps.py",
    line 46,in __getitem__
      return self.packages[item]
        KeyError: basesystem

Then I hit [OK] and get.

    install exited abnormally
    sending termination signals ... done
    sending kill signals ... done
    disabling swap ...
    unmounting filesystems ...
        /mnt/source
        /dev/pts
        /proc
    ejecting cdrom
    you may safely reboot system

I remove the disk and hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and it reboots into Red Hat 7.2.

The mother board is a ASUS P4B with an Intel 845 chipset.

Here is some information from KDE hardware browser.

CD_ROM Drives   Selected Device
                LTN526D

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Unknown
                Driver:         ignore
                Device:         /dev/hdb

Floppy Disks    Selected Device
                3.5" 1.444MB floppy drive

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Unknown
                Driver:         unknown
                Device:         /dev/fd0

Hard Drives     Drive /dev/hda (Geom: 4865/255/63) (Model: WDC
WD400BB-32CFC0)

                Disk Information
                Device      Start   End     Size (MB)       Type
                /dev/hda
                 |-hda1     1       6       47              ext3
                 |-hda2     7       4800    37605           ext3
                 |-hda3     4801    4865    510             linux-swap

Network devices Selected Device
                3c905C-TX [Fast Etherlink]

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   3Com Corporation
                Driver:         3c59x
                Device:         /dev/eth

Sound cards     Selected Device
                82801BA/BAM (ICH2) AC'97 Audio Controller

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Intel Corporation
                Driver:         i810_audio
                Device:         N/A

System devices  Selected Device
                82820 820 (Camino 2) Chipset ISA Bridge (ICH2)

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Intel Corporation
                Driver:         i810-tco
                Device:         N/A

                Selected Device
                USB UHCI Root Hub

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Unknown
                Driver:         unknown
                Device:         N/A

                Selected Device
                USB UHCI Root Hub

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Unknown
                Driver:         unknown
                Device:         N/A

USB devices     Selected Device
                82820 820 (Camino 2) Chipset USB (Hub A)

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Intel Corporation
                Driver:         usb-uhci
                Device:         N/A

                Selected Device
                82820 820 (Camino 2) Chipset USB (Hub B)

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   Intel Corporation
                Driver:         usb-uhci
                Device:         N/A

Video cards     Selected Device
                Rage 128 PF

                Device Information
                Manufacturer:   ATI
                Driver:         Card:ATI Rage 128
                Device:         N/A

Andre' B.  andre_54005-at-yahoo.com
If something cannot be defined, it does not exist.
Isaac Newton