Re: Manual jog while paused

Kurtis

There is no provision in the interpreter for tool replacement.  There
ought to be and probably will be before to long.  In the mean time what I
do is pause the running program, note the line number being executed and
the machine position.

Go to manual and retract z then move x and y to tool change position.
Change the tool and move back close to where you were when you paused the
program.   You will need to think of the next move and find a place from
which you can move without causing the tool to hit anything between where
you are and where you will be.

The command to restart the program under either tcl gui is run and the
line number to restart on.  Problem is you can't just type this in with
either gui.   Restart from line using tkemc can be done by Menu File Edit
and click to set the cursor on the line you want to restart from.  The
popup will show the line number.  It may not be the same as the N# that
depends upon how you numbered lines.  Click okay, put the machine back in
auto mode and press run.

I see that there is a bug in tkemcex so that you always get the last line
of the program.  Will fix and stick in the dropbox.

Ray