Re: embedded emc

Scot

I've seen several SBC makers who will guarantee an RTLinux version and
x-windows and a manager on a flash or disk.  Not cheap though.  One
included a 4x4x10 inch black box, K6-2 500, 128 Meg ram, 64 meg flash,
flat panel touch screen, 48 pin pc104 aux IO,  about $1500.  I had to
supply the EMC and tickle for it.

Doesn't Red Hat have an embedded kernel for download.  I know that Monta
Vista was sending Hard Hat around a while back.

Ray

BTW1 - I saw something about a preemptable kernel being released. 2.5.?
BTW2 - IBM announced that it has recooped it's 1 billion dollar
investment in Linux in less than a year.  Now all they have to do is pay
for littering the streets of San Francisco.  Who says that you can't make
money on open source software!