Re: "Y" axis problem

Joe

I believe that I'd try reducing the acceleration a bit.  It won't really
slow down the move that much but it will change the angle of the ramp
that the motion stuff is using to see if the axis is where it ought to
be.  Try 2 or 3 in there and see if that helps.

Backlash from the pinion running in the rack might also cause the
problem.  You could test this by bringing up the emc, set up an indicator
on y and hand crank the y axis motor back and forth just until you get
some change in the position display.  You could set this value as
backlash but you may have a problem with homing.

I'm guessing that you could also set this value of backlash as deadband.
Set more than half the value in the ini for y axis and it should satisify
the motion planner with a close enough for me reading.

You can also attack the following error directly by multiplying the
values for the y axis by some value.

HTH

Ray