Re: BDI TNG

I'd suggest 2.4.17 and rtai as the longer term investment.
It is getting general kernel maintenance.
rtlinux + 2.4.4 sounds like orphan material.

ext3 is nice and a real benefit for bigger drives.

icewm is on all my boxes. for me K and gnome are too tedious.

adding a startup menu or toolbar icon to icewm is
fairly trivial, I can document that is anyone wants it.
john