From: emc-at-nist.gov [emc-at-nist.gov]On Behalf Of klmartineau-at-shaw.ca
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 7:20 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Homing with servos

Okay, now I really need some of your insight.  I can't figure out why
my axis aren't homing.

I tried motion at 6.0 IPM - Index pulse goes from 0 to 4.5v for about
1.0 msec
I tried axis cycle time at 0.000500 sec
I tried EMCMOT =	stg8mod.o,  stg2mod.o, stgmod.o - all of which
seem to work the same.
I tried EMCMOT =	stg_v2_8axis_mod.o - but my machine always came
out of estop when emc was shut down.
I know that the stg sees the index pulse once a rev. by the lstg
demo/test program.

I have a stg v2 8axis board.

The home motion hits the limit and reverses...forever...

what am I overlooking...where's the bug...

If anyone can help, even off list - klmartineau-at-shaw.ca - I may have to
offer a reward.

Kurtis