Re: danger of unknown position after power down

Hi Jacob

With stepper motors, I think the answer would be no. To get EMC to detect an
amp fault (or loss of power to the stepper drives) would require the use of
an input pin on the parallel port. The stg drivers have this ability via one
of the inputs on the card. To extend this to work with the stepper driver
wouldn't be too difficult.
Alternatively, a N.C. relay could be wired across the E-Stop switch and the
coil energised by the stepper moter PSU. When the power cuts out, the relay
will also drop out shorting the E-Stop. Whilst EMC will go in to E-Stop, the
axis will still show green, so to force a homing will still require some
coding.
A small extension to tkemc that automatically runs a homing sequence after
E-Stop may be one way of doing it....

Regards, Paul.