danger of unknown position after power down

hi Paul, Ray, Max, list,

Thanks to you and your help we managed to run the
latest EMC version on our machine. I have a simple
practical question.

If there has been a power failure or a power down on
the machine steppermotors, can emc detect that? After
power restoring the indicators stay green, even though
the machine is obviously at an unknown position! I
prefer even a obligatory axis homing before continuing
the cutting after such a situation occurs. Is this
possible? For instance I want the computer to stay
"on" while the machine is turned "off" and I want to
avoid people afterwards forgetting to home first. Or
else, could the EMC be set up to automaticly home
after each cutting job, to avoid this danger?

regards, Jacob