Re: Newbie question -

Hi Pete

the pre2 & 3 files are older pre-release versions of the 3.1 patch
you dont need them ,just put rtlinux-3.1.tar.gz into /usr/src and
run this script

-------------cut with ax--------------
#!/bin/bash
cd /usr/src
mkdir rtlinux
cp -r linux-2.2.19 rtlinux/linux
cd rtlinux
tar xzvf /usr/src/rtlinux-3.1.tar.gz
cd linux
patch -p1 < ../rtlinux-3.1/kernel_patch-2.2.19
-------------cut with ax--------------

# now you can
make mrproper
make menuconfig
# I import the config from /boot/config in this step make my changes
# and save it as /boot/config-rtl3.1 or something
make dep ; make clean ; make
make install
make modules
make modules_install

that will do for the kernel itself
then its back to the rtl instructions for the rest

Brian
PS the patch_2219.tgz file is from rtai-1.6
its no longer needed as the rtai-1.7 package includes a
2.2.19 version already