Re: EMC and RTAI

Hi Max

Comments below...

On Saturday 12 January 2002 12:06 pm, Maximilian HEISE wrote:

> I had to make some small hack to the emc source, rcslib compiled fine. But
> I just checked with the cvs source of today and it compiled without any
> problems.

Just need to see if my changes work for the 2.2.xx kernels patched with rtai.

> Paul, do you know what the symlink /usr/src/linux-2.4 is good for ? I have
> that one too. I fact it was installed my the RH7.2 distro.  But it used to
> be on /usr/src/linux pointing to the real kernel sources.

I suspect that some Makefiles will look for the kernel headers in
/usr/src/linux-2.4, most won't. But as RedHat had this symlink, I thought it
best to retain it just in case.

> And how do I disable this:
> <cut>
> CLASSPATH = ../../../rcslib/plat/java/lib
> JAVA_DIR = /usr
> JAVA_COMMAND = java

Doing a quick grep of the .def files, I would suggest adding NO_JAVA to your
make commands.

> And in emc/src/emcmot/emcmot.c
> I made a little change around line 375:

I added this very quickly one night to get rid of the warning - This should
be changed to a VERSION > 2.4.15 so that later kernels do not have the same
trouble. It might be that future kernels will drop malloc.h alltogether.

> And in around line 390:
> I had to uncomment #include <sys/io.h>

Oh t**, I think I'd commented that include out to head off a bunch of
compiler warnings here. I'll have a look at the sourceforge diff logs, and if
I am guilty, fix it.

Regards, Paul.