Re: Learning BDI Emc - Outputs

OK, just hang in there we'll get you through this. It can be fustrating
sometimes. I know, I went through it before.

First of all what software are you using to burn the CD?

In your windows machine, put the CD you just burned in and
open it up. Do you see a bunch of directories (folders) and
some files or is there only one file named bdiemc-2.11-01.iso
If the latter, you only ended up copying the image file to the
CD which will NOT work. An image file is sort of like a zip file,
containing all the info to recreate an exact copy of the CD all
contained in one file. The original CD may have contained
10,000 files but the disk image will only be one file and it needs
to be properly 'decoded' to get those files back on the disk in
the proper order in the proper directories.

Here is a quote from WinImage software.
"A disk image is a file which is an exact and complete image of a
floppy disk (or CD). The image contains information on the disk
format and structure, such as FAT, boot sector, directories,
and all files."

If when you look at the disk, if you see all of the files and directories
and it won't boot let me know, and I will burn one and send it off to
you if you wish.

Bill