Re: Learning BDI Emc - Outputs, Home position

Dean,

> 2) I ommitted the  (-) limit switches, I did put in the (+) limit switches
> 3) I edited emc.ini and set all the MIN_LIMITs to 0 and
>    set the MAX_LIMITs just a little over the max extent travel
>    for each axis on the machine.
> 4) I placed the home switches at x=0, y=0 , z=0!

The way many commercial machines handle the homing switch is, that they
travel into one direction with fast speed, then if the homing switch is hit,
they travel into the other direction with a very slow speed, until the
homing switch is released. This provides good accuracy while maintaining a
relatively fast homing sequence. I don't know whether this mode is already
incorporated into EMC.

On the other hand, I have been told that (hardware) limit switches are a
must-have in some countries, otherwise the machine won't get some
certificates for selling, so I would recommend incorporating them anyway.

Best regards

Markus