Learning BDI Emc - Outputs

Using BDI 2.04 I ran ./emc.run and was familiarizing myself with its
operation which I thought I was beginning to understand untill I ran
into this problem.

I verifed the outputs using IO_Show and to be sure, I connected a
voltmeter to the parallel port to check it out.  The voltmeter
confirmed the IO_Show indications.

Using the jog controls I could toggle the dir signal.  Then I found
that when I  hit "Home", although the position indicators went to
zero, there was no output on the parallel port.

If this is the way that EMC is supposed to operate, then shouldn't
the "Home" label be known by something else  -  such as "Reset
Position Indicators" or does Home really mean a command to the table
to go to its home position?

If the latter is the case then how come there is no output on the
parallel port when this command is issued?  I would expect that the
output just to start going until it reached a program limit.

Please understand I'm trying to learn the system.

So, next I decided to try doing some editing to the emc.run and
emc.ini.

I first did
cp emc.run emcbp.run
cp emc.ini emcbp.run

Then I edited emcbp.run and changed the line
from INIFILE=emc.run
to INIFILE= emcbp.run

Then I ran
./emcbp.run
F1, F2
and hit Home to home X, the computer locks up (lost keyboard and
mouse control) so had to hit the computer reset switch.

Under the header in the emc.run I noticed the line
#Touch the file .debug_scripts in your home directory if you like
#to see all your commands echoed.

I did this and after rebooting I looked at that file and it held
nothing.

Question is, how do I overcome the lockup problem?

Jack Ensor