Re: INIVAR ERROR

Hi Brian

First off - Could you post in plain text rather than that mime stuff that OE
6.0 is sending. All I get here is a blank page unless I feed the email
through another program...

The reason inivar cannot be found is because your build is incomplete. From
your earlier post, you noted an error from emc/plat/linux_2_2_18/bin/testppt
along with a couple of other Errors. This is possibly due to an error in one
of the emcnml sources (at a guess). The EMC sources are designed to be
compiled on many different kernel/rtlinux (and rtai) variations along with
several different platforms. It is very easy for bugs to creep in that only
appear on one particular combination when using the CVS sources.

If you want a source known to work with your setup, I would suggest using one
of the released tarballs - These can be found on the Sourceforge site or
www.linuxcnc.org. If you want to get your hands dirty with C and C++ tracking
down bugs, CVS sources are the way to go.

Regards, Paul.