Re: Kernel woes...! and current kernels

>the 2.4.16 kernel patched with rtai new enough for you - I have it running on
>this RH7.2 system right now. Feeling a little smug just at the moment, as I
>have just got one stepper motor wired up and running at an indicated 125ipm.
>Probably have to cut this speed right down when the mill gets hooked up.

Nice work.  I am working on getting the same thing going.  Is there
anything that has to be done with EMC when running on the rtai patch?  I
downloaded the sources last night and plan to hack at it this evening.

>I have had a tentative play with rtlinux-3.1 and a 2.4.16 kernel - But after
>a couple of instant crashes when rtl.o was loaded, I went back to rtai.

I've had the same experience with rtl 3.1.  Hopefully a new point release
will come soon.

Thanks,

Chris