Re: Kernel woes...!

Patrick,

    I am a newbie to Linux and EMC, and know nothing about compiling or
kernels.  I do have some helpful insight though, since I have used the BDI
on a P120 16 (or 32?) machine, and found that it recognized my (PCI?) 10/100
NIC just fine.  I have not had a chance to DO anything with EMC yet, but the
NIC works fine on my network.  I have used this BDI EMC machine with the
Kdesktop GUI to surf the WEB through my SmoothWall firewall server (and the
NIC) just fine.  The NIC connects to my switch at 100MB  full duplex.
This machine is from the BDI with NO other software installed - just a
"default" install from the BDI CD.  I don't recall the version I used, but
would assume that the current version of the BDI would also support your NIC
and network services.

Good luck,
Steve