Re: (re)compiling from source

Chris,

  this might be due to an extra line feed or carriage return, dont
remember which, in the new source files, specially if you got the
sources with a windows machine.

  to get rid of this problem, I usually do the following.....

   cd <source-tree>
   for file in $(find . -type f)
   do
    sed -e 's/^M$//' $file > $file.new
    mv $file.new $file
    chmod u+rwx $file
   done

 takes quite some time, but it works.... ;)

  oh, I almost forget to mention, the ^M char is not shift-6 shift-M
(american english keyboard layout) sequence, it is <ctrl>-v <ctrl>-m

regards,
esv