Re: Learning to operate EMC

Jack

What is happening is that you are at the home position and the first block
of my code tells it to go to the home position so while it is running, it
doesn't appear to be doing anything.  Load the 3dtest.ngc program.  Call
up the backplotter under the view menu. Start the program with step and
you will see it say running.  Press step again and it will execute the
next block.  You can repeat step as many times as you need.  Pressing
resume will start the auto running.

What you are seeing in the terminal window is the result of the look ahead
which has read the entire file.  I think!  When you get a block of motion
you should get a message indicating the time i took to complete that
motion command.  (If you are using full debug value in the ini)

Hope this helps

Ray