Re: ./sim.run ?

-----Original Message-----
From: "William Scalione" <wscalione-at-nc.rr.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 00:06:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: ./sim.run ?

> Fred,
>
> What are you typing in from the command line to start EMC?
> If it runs ok from the icon on the desktop it is probably just an
> error in your command line syntax
>
> It should be something like this
>
> First go to the proper directory
> "cd /usr/local/emc"
> make sure you have a space between cd and /

That is correct.

> Next you should be able to start emc by typing
> "./emc.run"
> read that as - dot slash emc dot run

Well actually I am using ../emc.run
Should I be using ./emc.run ???
i.e only one (1) dot instead of 2

> when you do that, what error messages do you get.

File not found

> Bill

I can dir the //usr/local/emc directory, and I can see the emc.run file, so
the file not found error really confused the heck out of me. I knew I had to
be doing something wrong.

Fred

> > I have a similar problem myself, but the difference is that EMC won't
> even
> > start. I can run EMC from the icon, but from a terminal session it
> doesn't.
> > Can anyone shead some light here, as I am wanting to debug my 4 axis
> files,
> > and can't if I can't even start it. Also, how do I get the the icon on
> the
> > desktop ?
> >
> > I am wanting to use the 4 axis files 4AXEMC & MINI4 from the files
> dropbox.
> >

> > Fred

Disclaimer:
The content and attachment/s of this message have passed our virus scanning process. Whilst we believe this message to be safe, we encourage the use of your own preventative measures.

The information contained in this E-mail is CONFIDENTIAL and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, intended only for the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message and attachments in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message. You are also notified that the views expressed in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of the company.