Von: emc-at-nist.gov [emc-at-nist.gov]Im Auftrag von Kurtis Martineau
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. November 2001 17:47
An: Multiple recipients of list
Betreff: PCI I/O cards

Calling Linux programmers,

My EMC application requires more I/O than is presently configured to the
parallel port with the Bridgeport "plc".
I am hoping to move the parallel port stuff (lube,spindle,coolant,estop) to
a Sealevel PCI Bus 48 TTL Digital I/O Interface as well as incorporate the
remaining I/O.
(8 tool limit switches, remote pendant functions, x and y axis brakes)
The software that came with the Sealevel card has two steps:
step 1.  =  install drivers.  This worked and prompted installation
complete.
step 2.  =  load drivers.  This uses the mknod command to create device
special files.  Running the load drivers resulted in :  mknod: wrong number
of arguments
The manufacturer of the card (Sealevel) assures me that the program works on
Linux.
How can I read and write to this PCI card the way I do with the Servo to Go
card.

The next step will be to include STG analog inputs of spindle speed and
spindle load on the Tkemex Gui.  Ray says the GUI stuff is the easy part.

Kurtis