Re: EMC configuration help

> > > There is FAQ regarding this at [1]. I'm copying it here for your
> > > convience:
> > > ----
> > > EMC: How to I set the steps per unit for each axis? (TOC)
> > > INPUT_SCALE and OUTPUT_SCALE are number of pulses for each unit as
> > > defined in the UNITS = line. One for mm, 0.03937007874016 for inch.
> > >

> What is this odd number? And why should I take that as a unit?

The ODD Number is the length of one milimeter in inches.

> > > Using inch and steppermod, you just need
> > >
> > > INPUT_SCALE =           8000 0.000
>
> What do the _two_ numbers represent? Why use INPUT_SCALE (I do not
> have feedback via DRO)?

Using either steppermod or freqmod without a DRO, EMC uses the output steps as
input steps so they both need to be the same.
The 8000 is the "steps per inch" but I dont know what the 0.000 is for.

> > > With inch and freqmod selected you need both
> > >
> > > INPUT_SCALE = 8000    0.000
> > > OUTPUT_SCALE =  8000    0.000
>
> Again, what do the two pairs f numbers represent in laymans terms? For
> what real pitch and stepper motor would this example apply?

Again, 8000 means 8000 steps per inch.

> > > With inch and smdromod selected you can change the value between input and
> > > output.  Input would be the number of steps per unit on the stepper
> > > motor and output would be the number of pulses reported by the encoder per
> > > unit. Since output scale is written back into the ini, they may look a
> > > bit different that you ente after you run once but setting them as
> > > suggested above should do the trick.
>
> Sorry to bother you with my ignorance again. I do not get the curve here.
> How can I apply the above to my setup? I have a metric leadscrew with 5mm/rev
> and 200 steps/rev motor. how does this tie in to the conf.ini in the axes
> section? (I hope I can work out the 1,5mm/rev and 200steps/rev z-axes
> myself then)

Set UNITS to 1 for metric and if your stepper driver is set to full step, set
INPUT_SCALE = (your calculation of steps per unit)    0.000 and set
OUTPUT_SCALE =  same as INPUT_SCALE

> Thanks and best regards,
> Erich

Darrell