Re: Motion control over RS-232

I asked a similar question a while ago on this list, since I was not
planning on using a PC to be the controller.  Since I just have a serial
port available, I decided to use a dedicated controller which I
purchased through Jameco in the US (the RMV ST400NT, 4 stepper plus I/O
board).  Unfortunately this means that I need to write the control
software from scratch, which I am in the process of doing.  I haven't
looked at the possibility of using parts of the EMC source yet.  I am
also writing on Mac OSX, which sounds like is also outside the scope of
the EMC project.

,
John Faith