RE: Threading on a lathe with EMC

I'm looking at it from the perspective of replacing the control on an existing CNC lathe. It has the proper spindle encoder.

What controls does EMC have for the spindle? Is it just an on/off or is there an analog out?

All I need to do is to write the IOSH stuff to handle the turret and the gearbox spindle and I'm away.

I think a re-setting rotary axis would be a good idea.

Ethan