Re: Bdi801bin. update questions

George,

I had the same problem when I installed the 08/01 file over the
original BDI. I really can't remember how I got it to work, but I believe
I untared it in the EMC directory and ran it from there. I believe
this will overwrite the original 2.04 BDI but it is easy to reinstall
if it cobbs up the whole works. Dont worry about the message
"./emc.run:which:: no such file or directory" Mine has been saying
that forever now and it works fine. Also make sure to run it the
first time from the command line using "./emc.run" as it will ask
what version of rtlinux you are using. You must answer this correctly
in order to make it work. Look in the text file for the correct answer to
that one - something like "3_0" or "3.0" sorry, can't remember.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think there is
a newer version than the 08/01 version.

Bill