Re: Installing BDI / Win2k

On Monday 22 October 2001 18:31, Markus wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> Question #1: I read this one on the FAQ for BDI:
>    Q. Will it run under Windows 95/98 ?
>    A. No. The install will remove the Microsoft virusTM for you.
> Does that mean, the BDI installation will wipe out my Windows 2000
> partition?

Yes if you boot from the BDI CD and ask for anything other than an expert
install.

> Question #2: If BDI and Win2K can coexist (I hope they do), will it
> install on large harddisks? I heard f.e. there is a problem with older
> versions of loadlin which don't work with large harddisks (> 8 GB).

Yes, in spite of 2k's best efforts to not coexist, they can.  But there
are a few problems with getting them to coexist on the same hard drive. 2k
likes to put stuff on both ends of partitions.  The BDI disk includes fips
for reducing the size of a dos partition but read all the documents with
it first.  If you use something like ontrack you will have additional
problems.  I'd also do a search of the net for fips and that other os.

The easiest solution that I've heard is to add a second hard drive for
Linux.

HTH