Re: Encoder and P of PID

Gene, Ray,

 thanks for the all info I'll take a closer look at it.

  regarding the X encoder the color code did not match, but it is
printed on the encoder, thanks anyway. the problem is with the Y
encoder, it gives the info by pin numbers and the guys at TREE or
somewhere else took the time to unplug the Z axis, I took a guess
following the other cables and it seems to count fine, if I move the
table manually.

guys, I really appreciate your help, the table's been moving even the
controller is not tuned at all.

what worries me, is accuracy, although the computer says the table
moved 2" the table really moves a little more, it is ok within 1" but
when I move it 5" it goes way out range. the problem is that it does
not keep constant. also the X encoder keeps failing to keep counting
and the table starts moving on its own.

thanks,
esv.
I'll keep you posted.