RE: Z axis Offsets

Been doing a little work with Bridgett using BDI 1.09 with Ray's 8-1-2001
tarball replacing the original BDI EMC. Using steppermod as it is much
easier on the computer with the 10000 steps/in and 120 ipm rapids I am
getting with the Gecko G320 drives. Was trying to use tkemc and kept running
into a problem with not being able to get an offset to reliably work on the
Z axis. Seems to work great on X and Y. I tried doing the offset by both a
G92 and by right mouse clicking on the axis display. Sometimes the offset
will take and the numbers change, but more often than not they don't change.
Even when they do as the offset is frequently ignored when I run in auto
mode. The X and Y axis are not displaying this behavior even though I am
doing exactly the same thing with them.

Switched over to xemc and the problem totally disappeared and the M2 at the
end of the program does not cause the offsets to reset. I did notice in
manual mode that with xemc I can only jog if I set the jog distance to
continuous. If I set it to an increment nothing moves when I press the key.

Much happier now that I am back home again with EMC instead of getting
frustrated with DeskWinNC.

Tim
[Denver, CO]