Re: bug with rtl8139

Hi Henkka
not quite, the issue appears not directly to be with my NIC.

the problem is that install_rtlinux_base checks whether modules are
loaded, and loads them if not.

however the 'rtl' part of rtl8139 confuses the script. It sees
rtl8139 and thinks: hey, rtl is there, don't bother loading it.

which breaks the rest of emc.

But my NIC keeps working fine :)  The network comes up early. The
alias eth0 rtl8139    *is* already there.

why does emc not use modprobe?  Modules.dep has the needed
dependencies, but insmod does not use that as far as I understand.

regards, john