STG driver hints -> please put them in the faq

Hi Till,

now that you solved your problem my answers may be a bit outdated and I am
really sorry for being a bit late to reply to this, but neverless some hints
at a solution:

emc/src/emcmot/extstgmot.c:
/* Uncomment NO_INDEX_PULSE if you want homing sequence to
   ignore the index pulse, and only use the home switch for homing.
   This has the effect of making the index pulse always appear present. */
/* #define NO_INDEX_PULSE */
So this is already in the stg driver.

Perhaps this information should be added to linuxcnc.org's handbook, after all
there is a stg section now. Otherwise it will come up again and again and cost
everybodys time.
/* Uncomment any of the following declarations to inhibit
   the use of home switches or index pulses when homing, or to
   ignore limit switches if you don't have them. */

/* Uncomment NO_HOME_SWITCH if you want homing sequence to
   ignore the home switch, and only use the index pulse for homing.
   This has the effect of making the home switches always appear tripped. */
/* #define NO_HOME_SWITCH */

/* Uncomment NO_INDEX_PULSE if you want homing sequence to
   ignore the index pulse, and only use the home switch for homing.
   This has the effect of making the index pulse always appear present. */
/* #define NO_INDEX_PULSE */

/* Uncomment NO_LIMIT_SWITCH if you don't have limit switches.
   This has the effect of making the positive and negative travel
   limit switches never appear tripped. */
/* #define NO_LIMIT_SWITCH */

 > My problem was in emcmot.c.
> The NC waited for an index pulse that never came, because there is no
> index in the resolvers.
> I had to set an if-statement to if (1).
> A better solution would be to include this into the servotogo-driver. I
> wonder how any servotogo could ever reference, because it is actually
> not intended to use resolvers with index-bits, is it?
It is, I know not many people are using linear scale with and index pulse/bit,
but I do. With the above information the stg driver is generic enough to handle
both resolvers and linear scales. After all, my XYC machine has two linear
scales and one resolver.

Regards
Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik